Friday, June 13, 2008

NEWS FLASH! Bubba Harris Injured In Practice...No Chance at Olympic Team!

Bubba Harris the Olympic team hopeful who had recovered from what some felt could be a career ending injury last year, has again been sidelined. Harris fell during practice for the Olympic team trials in Chula Vista, CA on Thursday. The hard fall on the second straight of the replica Olympic track left his ankle broken.

Ironically, it was not the same ankle that he injured so badly in Beijing, China last year that doctors thought amputation could be necessary. Harris who had undergone a year of rehabilitation and training in his quest for a spot on the mens Olympic BMX team saw those dreams end today (Friday June 13, 2008) when he withdrew from the competition.

Harris told EXPN.com that, "Although I'm disappointed that I won't be competing, I look forward to returning to action as soon as possible and once again putting 100 percent of my effort into training and racing," Harris said. "I'd like to wish the remaining competitors good luck on Saturday and I'm sorry I won't be joining them in pursuit of a spot on the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team."

No comments: